Monday, August 12, 2013

Texting your classes…


I’m sooo exhausted after cleaning out my new classroom today…whew! I shall not go down that road though…at least not until I can show pictures of my completed labor.  

For now, I’m pondering how I’ll incorporate more relevant technology into my classroom, I keep seeing “Remind101
After a Googling it, I discovered that I there are a few “safe” group messaging apps for teachers...apparently I'm way behind. I think I’m going to give it a whirl. Most of them are free to educators. (Apps of this kind are used to send group messages without revealing your phone number.) 

The students and parents can subscribe to your group and you can email or text updates and blasts as needed. It would be cool to see words of encouragement from your FAVORITE before those big assessments also. I foresee it being more user friendly & instant than a class website, which I have no immediate interest in…

I’m curious as to whether any of my peeps have tried group texting…here’s a link for your enjoyment!

Toodles…

No comments:

Post a Comment