Friday, August 2, 2013

DIY Pennant Banner

Everywhere I look, PENNANTS are all I see. I've been shopping for back to school items and decor and I decided to make one on my own. Let me emphasize something: I don't do DIY!


I used scraps of fabric, ribbon, Stitch Witchery, an iron, a hot glue gun, recycled letters, and some owl pics that I cut from a gift bag. (SHOUT OUT to the One Spot at Target!) I drew an isosceles triangle pattern on a piece of heavy paper, traced it on the back side of the fabric, cut the fabric, bonded the triangles to the ribbon, hot glued the letters & owl cut-outs and 20 minutes later I had a super cute, although rather busy, pennant banner to welcome my new pupils.










Easy-peezy-lemon-squeezy...! I think I'm going to use the owl ribbon to make lanyards for my howl (hall) passes :-)

2 comments:

  1. Ciara, I love this banner! I wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Jump on over to my blog to see the details!

    Welcome to the blogging world!

    Kristen
    Teaching witha Smile

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Kristen...Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete